Friday, June 19, 2009

Just because its Friday and my Dads birthday

Today would have been my Dads 71st birthday. I miss him. I want to call him and have him come over and watch the kids fish and swim and play on Fathers day this Sunday.




I want to fill him in on all the stuff thats happened since July 28th 1990 when he went to work and was killed on his job in a freak accident.




I want to show him how Ive grown up and settled into life and enjoy being a grandma and tell him that Mickey is now a grandfather and doing well with that.




I want to tell him about my job at State Farm and how Mickey built a business with Curt and how its still going in this recession.




I want to show him my land and all the things that grow there.




I want him to meet Bob and all the other animals that reside with us. My dad loved dogs..




There are a hundred things I want to show him and a thousand things I want to say.




When my grandfather died when I was 5, I thought I would never get over it. I loved him so much and we spent so much time together. Being that young I didnt understand and was told he was in the sky. I searched for him and found him. He must be on the moon. I would look up at that moon and pretend he could see me and wave. I would pretend he could see me too.










I always love when I can see the moon even on a bright sunny day..





I miss you both...And will be thinking of you on this fathers day...

2 comments:

  1. Awww....I would say your story is well written too.

    First of all, I'm crying because of what you wrote and second of all I'm reminded of Kelly because of the photo of Mickey...oh my gosh, I see my Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those we love don't go away
    they walk beside us everyday
    unseen,unheard, but always near,
    so loved so missed,so very dear!

    ReplyDelete