Thursday, July 30, 2009

Why doesn't my Uncle Frank read my blog?

The reason I started my blog was so that my family could keep up with what is happening with me and mine half way across the United States. I typically only get back *home* to Pennsylvania once a year. It is so important to me that my mother and sister in law and aunt and well..everyone in my family see these grandchildren of mine as they grow up.

So..in saying that I was very surprised to hear that my Uncle Frank does NOT read my blog. WHAT?! Are you kidding me? Why not?

He has always been my favorite uncle on my mother's side. (Ok..well..hes my ONLY uncle on my mother's side, but I'm just saying..) I was hurt, crushed and a little upset to find out that he wasn't a daily reader.

So..because he does not read my blog, I guess I can talk a little about him here and maybe let you all see my Uncle Frank..(Since he doesn't read how will he ever know?)











Mom, did you know that when Uncle Frank used to babysit us that he made us all sit on the couch? He did! All 4 of us...



This is what we looked like at that time...I'm the one on the left..The oldest...with the pixie type haircut..and no front teeth. I'm NOT the one with the beautiful blond, naturally curly hair and blue eyes. Nope..

(Hey Mom..Why did you cut my hair this way? My therapist wants to know too..just kidding)









Once we started getting on his nerves, which was about 15 minutes after you left, he would tell us all to get on the couch and stay there...Then when we got too loud, he would tell us we weren't allowed to even talk.. Then he said we weren't even allowed to laugh!!!! He did!!!! So there we sat, the whole evening.....Hours on end..Until we eventually went to sleep..It was terrible..Horrible...Ive never recovered...(I'm just telling it like I remember it. It just might be true!)



Then do you know what else he used to do? He used to sing this "witch doctor" song.. You know the one..





Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang Walla walla, bing bangOoo eee, ooo ah ah ting tangWalla walla, bing bang...Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang Walla walla, bing bangOoo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang Walla walla, bing bang.







Over and over and over and over..So there we sat...all lined up on the couch with our hands covering our ears while your brother teased us relentlessly with that song.

Mom..I cant make this stuff up...





There he is with the red cap on. I just know he had that witch doctor music playing in that car..I just KNOW it!!





Anyway..Since he doesn't read my blog, he'll never know I told you. Keep it to yourself ok??



Love,



Me




























5 comments:

  1. I cannot believe your family let your uncle torcher you poor innocent kids like that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics! i love seeing other people's old family photos !

    thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    Where in Oklahoma are you? My dad still lives in Midwest City, about 3 blocks from where he grew up. I love going home to visit.

    Your Uncle Frank sounds like most of my family. I thought my blog would be a great way for them to keep updated on us and the kids and our lives, but no one really seems all that interested. Not sure what that says about me OR my family. lol

    By the way, I loved the sweet story about your dad and the pictures of his baby book. I'm sorry he left this earth too soon, but it's wonderful that you have such great memories of him.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let Uncle Frank know that people all over America...the world...are reading your blog. Maybe Uncle Frank just needs a new pair of glasses...you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melinda!

    Funny stuff about your Uncle Frank!

    Most of my family doesn't read my blog either! Maybe, I should start talking about all of them too! LOL!

    They just don't know what they are missing!

    ReplyDelete