Monday, August 3, 2009

Its August

August...The time of year that I think I dread THE most living in Oklahoma.. Not only does it get scorching HOT this time of year but this is also when I begin to notice something at my house. Well not just notice but look out for...because its August when the SNAKES start crawling around Peebly rd.




HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Last year we killed..yes sorry..KILLED 11 copperheads. Not just your typical run of the mill grass snake but actual poisonous copperheads!!! I have animals and grandchildren and I will kill a copperhead in a minute...Or actually I have Mickey do it..



SO ...anyway...Friday night I go down to the barn because Ben is barking his head off. I had not seen a single snake all summer yet so that was the last thing in my mind..Its dark and I walk down and into the barn and flip on the light switch.....How do you type a scream???? SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear the tongue on that snake was as long as my sneaker!! I jumped back and ordered Bob to get back and away. I knew right away that it was a black snack and not a copperhead but still....scared the daylights out of me.




I ran and told Mickey..He said..nope not killing a black snake..so I went back down to the barn but the snake disappeared...Well..you know..took off somewhere to give me a heart attack later..



SO ...then I debated with myself. Do I take a picture of a snake? Would that scare someone looking at the blog? I know it probably would me...Anyway...Saturday night Ben began to bark again...I went down with the camera....and a flashlight..





This is what I saw..




Goats wondering what I was doing...





Goats upset that I woke them up...














Goats going to the bathroom....EXCUSE ME!!!















Ok...Sorry to bother you all...








Bob!! Where did you get that biscuit????





So anyway..No snake tonight...I really don't know if I would have had enough nerve to take the time to take a picture of a snake or not..but I thought I might..we'll see...you never know...





Watch where you step!!





Love,


Me

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I'm pretty sure I know just exactly how loud you screamed because I would have done the same thing. And while you and I would scream that loud, I'll just betcha' my son would scream even louder. You know the song "I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes"? That's not his theme song, it's his anthem. Be careful out there and watch your step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DON'T DO SNAKES, either. But I will take a picture as long as they're not coiled. When they coil, I RETREAT!

    ReplyDelete