Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Pet Cemetery

I had never been to a real pet cemetery before, have you? I found it very interesting and sad and also heartwarming all at once..I thought I would share some of the pictures I took while I was there...





There were lots of markers with the dogs pictures on them.







And some of them did not..













Can you see in this picture that Wolfie is actually smiling?..Ive read before that experts say dogs don't really smile...I say..Phooey..thats not true...Both Bob and Marley do it..






There were a lot of them that looked like this...with the concrete on top.....



Some lived a long time.....





Some did not.....









You could just feel how much these people loved their pets....






Isn't this the truth?????










Some of the sayings I'm sure were something special between pet and person. Something only they know.













21 years old...Was this a cat? Would a dog live this long?













And Miss Kitty.....















And a little black cat....















And they are all being watched over by our friend here....



Its a peaceful beautiful place..I just happened upon it...I'm glad I did..I don't in anyway mean any disrespect in showing these pictures. I just found it sweet that people love their animals as much as I do mine.











Have you ever been?

Tell me.











Love,

Me

3 comments:

  1. No, I've never seen one before.
    And yes, it is nice to know there are others who love their critters as much as I do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit when you first said you were going to write about a pet cemetary I was a bit apprehensive. But in the end I had to read this post. Although we've driven past a pet cemetary many, many times, we've never stopped. It makes me happy to know there are many other people who love their furry kids as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well actually I thought about writing about this for a couple weeks. Then Sunday I just drove over and had a look..Then I debated if I should share or not. But then decided I would. So I was back and forth on the subject too. All in all, Im glad I went ....

    ReplyDelete