Monday, August 31, 2009

Pineapple Pudding Cake

My Mother called and gave me this recipe..She got it from her sister, my aunt Emma. Which is the one with the nickname of Baby. So we call her Aunt Baby.



So when my Mom gave me the recipe she wasn't too sure about some of the measurements..So here's what we came up with...













1 box yellow cake mix...Prepare according to directions..

1 large can crushed pineapple

1 box vanilla pudding. (The kind you cook, not instant)

2 cups 2% milk

1 tub cool whip

1 cup shredded coconut











Prepare the cake and then poke it with a fork like so.







Then while its still hot pour the can of crushed pineapple over it, juice and all. Don't be afraid, just do it..It all works out in the end.





Then stick it in the frig and let it cool some.



Make your pudding according to the directions. You can use the small box of pudding. I used a big box because that's what I had and its a good thing I did because guess what? I spilled most of it. It was a mess but I kept on going. Wicked evil stuff when it spills on your rug... But I kept thinking of Aunt Baby and how much she wanted us to try this cake...I kept seeing her smiling face in my mind...

That's her in the red. Real sweet lady..





Then after the cake and the pudding has cooled spread the pudding over the cake. You can see here that I didn't have much left..But I kept on going.






Then you spread your cool whip over that. I had a big container because my Mom didn't know what size I should buy. I didn't use the whole BIG container so I would say you could buy the smaller one and use it all....


Like I said, my Mom wasn't real sure about the whole recipe... About this time I envisioned my sweet Aunts face to look something like this..


You did WHAT to my perfect pineapple pudding cake recipe???!!!!!!!!



But like I said, it was only in my mind. I just envisioned the look, she would never make a face like that... She is a very sweet lady..


Then sprinkle that with the coconut....


And believe it or not it turned out really good!!!






Please..if you can make it through all the directions, try this cake. Have fun with it!




I'm adding it to my *keeper list*.






Love,


Me



3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm copying this one down. Sounds right up my alley. Any cake with pudding and whipped cream is a winner!

    Thanks for visiting my farm blog, blahwg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just taste it now! I've got everything except the crushed pineapple in the pantry and the cool whip is in the freezer. I'm putting the pineapple on my grocery list for tomorrow. I'm so glad I had planned a grocery trip for tomorrow. Thanks for a wonderful new recipe. I patiently waited for it all weekend long. smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hungry!! I'm going to try this one out really soon....

    ReplyDelete