Tuesday, August 4, 2009

School bell

This is an old bell from the Alamo School in Slaughterville, Oklahoma.



Mickey was doing some digging for this lady and saw the bell. He remarked how much he liked it..She asked if he wanted to buy it and we ended up with a bell for.........











50$..........(How about that?!)





For now Mickey built a platform until he can make it its own belfry..





It is one big bell......



Its a number 26.....Which means "something" in bell talk....





And when I tell you it is LOUD...I mean to say ....LOUD!!!!





It definitely needs a belfry...I will keep you updated..





Love,

Me

5 comments:

  1. Cool, cool, cool!! I love the bell. Now I have to google bells and find out what the #26 means in bell talk. :) Curiousity always gets the best of me. :)

    Oh, and Bob is adorable. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your school bell is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice bell! I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the 26 might stand for 26 inches across the face of the bell. Just a guess tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love that bell. Now I'm gonna be on the lookout for a bell of my own. And then my Captain will have to build me a belfry, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tell mickey to get that bell out where he is going put my house so when i move out there that i can ring it when i want something and he can come running. it will be cool in my yard.

    ReplyDelete