Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What I love most about Marley...

You may remember my story about my other dog Marley. She was a rescue from a puppy mill. She probably spent 10 years of her life in a cage, giving birth to litter after litter of puppies. She never knew love from a person. She never knew about kids or playing or the feel of grass on her feet. She never ran...never...She was neglected to the point that she now has only 2 teeth in her mouth. That is not enough to hold her tounge in. She is not house broke therefore wears doggie diapers when she is in. But you know what? I love this dog...This dog loves me. She has a home..


Everyday is the same. The same routine..I put Marley out with a couple of our other dogs during the day when I am working. She has our big shop building to go into and a dog house with a fenced in yard outside. She also gets to socialize this way .... but when I come down the driveway she begins to jump.....and bark.......and jump.......and bark...Then when I go to let her out she does this.....


So happy to see me...








Then she turns and walks away.....





Then she turns around and runs FULL FORCE back to me....






And runs into my lap...never slowing down...



Then walks away and sits and looks at me....






Then runs back again...










And again and again...She will do this as long as I will.....Its really heart warming to see....


A dog that never got to run...Never got to love...A dog that never got to be......




Like I said..I cant ever get enough of this. I never get tired seeing this or playing this game with her every evening...
If you ever get the chance to rescue a dog....please do....
Love,
Me

2 comments:

  1. Marley is so lucky to have you in her life now. What a sad, sad life she had before you. Looks like she's making up for lost time in the running and love areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such as sad story. But with a very happy ending. She is one of the lucky ones.
    I DO have a rescued dog. I love my Casper Dog!

    ReplyDelete