Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lets talk dog food

I would imagine there are a million different types of dog food....Ive read about raw diets, all veggie diets, ultra expensive canned, and dog food made mostly with corn, etc......
SO .......
I searched for the best food that I could afford for Bob...Because seriously...Could you feed a face like this just plain garbage?... I don't think so....




So this is what I do.....

Every couple of weeks...I fill a big pot with water....



Then I add a chicken and boil...


Next I cut up some carrots..... A whole bag..


And then chop up about 3 bunches of broccoli



And put it all in the pot.....



And then sometimes I grate up some yams or zucchini or cut up squash.



And I let that simmer for hours.......and hours....




Then I add lentils...



And brown rice...



And split peas.....




And I cook that for almost another hour. Simmering...
And this is what you get....Enough dog food for at least 2 weeks maybe 3...Enough dog food for two little dogs to eat breakfast and dinner...



This costs about....15$.........But its not the money savings that is the most important thing to me...It is that it is wholesome good food......well..and cheap too!



And if you wanted, you could have a bowl too!!!
What does your dog eat???
Tell me....
Love,
Me

6 comments:

  1. i did not think mickey was telling the truth when he said the dogs eat better then him. it sure does look good. maybe i will make some for jim for dinner. afetr he eats it i will tell him bob eats this too...mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom that would be funny if you did that! It really is good..I remember one day Mickey came into the house and said, "Boy, something smells good". Well I was making dog food and I told him he could make a sandwich.. grumble.... grumble...
    Oh BTW Mom...2 snakes yesterday at the house..Now deceased....One copperhead and one giant unknown...may they RIP...
    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hanging my head in shame as I type this. Our dogs eat Science Diet for their regular diet. They like spaghetti and they like to share my Cheerios with me in the mornings - no milk, just Cheerios. I do make them treats though with baby food meat and wheat germ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Ive seen pictures of your dogs! They are well loved and sounds like they eat good things. Oh I havent included all the other *treats* like....cheese....ice cream.....and dried bananas...limited ice cream tho...but the bananas they have every night in bed..
    I live in a zoo, what can I say??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls were on Iams for awhile but I recently switched them to Beneful. They are spoiled with biscuits too (we call them cookies). It was the first word they perk their ears to...cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dogs just eat dry dogfood. And whatever snacks I give them.
    I will have to try this. I'm sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete