Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Talk about working in the trenches


On one of my *staycation* days last week, Mickey asked me to go along on a job..







I immediately fell in love with the old house...and all its charm....The owners are living in the house behind this property while they renovate this one. Wood floors, finished basement and 4 fireplaces...



It had ME written all over it....Except its in town....Noooooooooooooo!! I have to be in the country..Can we move it????

Mickey had already been here previously and dug the ditch and then the plumbers did their thing and after the inspection Mickey was called to back fill the HUGE ditch....Look!!!




Its one deep trench!!!





Just another day at the office for Mickey tho....


I got dizzy just trying to look down in it ....( I inherited that stuff from my dad...)




All I can think of with this picture is I am SO glad he knows what he is doing...







One false move, and it would get real ugly real quick...




Oh I was worried....but of course he handled it wonderfully...






What a job!

And naturally, look who came along.....






He was being a daredevil on a couple of occasions....
Bob I mean..........Yikes!!!!!




What am I going to do with you Bob??




After a couple of hours, we loaded up and headed back home...
It was fun to just go along and watch what he does ....

Bob thought so too.....
Love,
Me

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to go along sometimes.
    No way would I get down in that ditch. I've heard too many stories about the wall caving in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one beautiful house, one DEEP ditch and one brave Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How'd he get that hole so deep without tipping right into it? Scary! I have a bobcat and a tractor that I LOVE, althouh I have done some major damage to house and barn with both of them..

    Adorable pup, I needs me one.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and thanks for the AMAZING compliment, nope I'm not a writer, it's just therapy. ;D

    ReplyDelete