Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just being comfortable..

Sunday was a very chilly day.. I started off the morning by getting a fire started in the woodstove. First fire of the season..... It just makes the whole house very comfortable..













This is my little sunflower lady that my Mom gave me several years ago..I just love her...Thanks Mom!!




Just having a slow lazy evening around the house.





Made some homemade spaghetti sauce. Lots of garlic and mushrooms...Simmering for hours..




Spaghetti is one of my favorite meals..





Some lettuce from the garden..It didnt do very well this summer but decided to come back alive now...



Thats ok, its delicious now....




And some fresh baked bread. Yummy...





Home is where the heart is. Amen.


And where Bob likes to curl up by the fire...



Love,

Me

3 comments:

  1. Boy do you have that right...home IS where the heart is....and it seems as though you have a very comfy home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sunflower lady, too!
    It won't be long until I'll be starting a fire in the fireplace, too.
    And I'll curl up with Stretch dog, in the floor in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a wood-burning fireplace in our old house. I loved it but we hadn't used it very much the last few years we lived there. When we built our new house my husband didn't see the need for a fireplace. I disagreed but that's the way we went - no fireplace. Now I'm pretty sure he regrets it. Enjoy that wonderful kind of warmth. It's so cozy. You need to share the recipe for your spaghetti sauce. It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete