Monday, November 30, 2009

Im not a hoarder



I am in no way making fun of real hoarders...I do realize this is a serious mental illness. I am just saying that for some of you reading this blog, you might just think I am one. But I'm not..Really..Im not..








This is my attic...my storage room...the room where all the stuff goes that I'm not using at the moment...or this week..or this month..and actually..quite possibly..never..but here is that room...Mom...dont look..


I made up my mind, this long holiday weekend, I was going to do something about this mess...




And therefore, the fun began....



And went on...and on and on.....







Anyway, we did it ...Bob and I...






We got that mess straightened out and semi organized...just look...



It took a long time but I am so happy with the results...

Do you like this cradle.? This is actually one of my most treasured items that I have. This was hand made by my Grandmothers Uncle George for ME when I was a baby. I slept in this cradle..My son slept in this and so did my grandchildren. It is not safe by any of today's standards. The slats are perfect for getting a little arm stuck. Therefore we always used a bumper pad. Also this cradle is only for newborns. It can tilt easily if much weight or movement is involved.. So only for a few short weeks and with close supervision can this be used. But it will get passed on to the grandchildren for those precious few weeks when they have their own children. Most likely just to snap a photo and then to pass the cradle on to the next generation as long as it lasts.
So please don't think I am just about the messiest grandma on the planet. Really I'm not..I'm just busy...
Are you ever messy? Tell me.
And that means you too Oklahoma Granny with no junk drawer....
Love,
Me

3 comments:

  1. I really didn't see this post until right now - I wasn't ignoring it. My closet isn't in the best shape right now. It's kind of stuffed with Christmas gifts that need to be wrapped. I had visions of doing that yesterday and the day before and I think even the day before that. Now I won't be able to get to wrapping untill at least Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to say that your cradle is a wonderful family heirloom to be treasured through the generations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You and Bob did a great job!
    I have a room like that, but the problem is most of the mess belongs to someone else. And I have to wait until they are in a position for me to take it back to them.

    ReplyDelete