Sunday, November 22, 2009

Next stop..the Ponderosa



This was our last stop...The valley where my sister in law and her family live. She can look from her house down upon the houses in which her children and father in law and other relatives reside.








Its a wonderful place to live....They are really great people. These are her children..Now grown..



And we busted in right in the middle of lunch!!


This is her grandson....Here he is when Mickey and I first arrived ...He was shy for Oh about 3 minutes...Then he was talking and playing with Bob and laughing...




Hes very smart...And very cute....




This is Casey...My sister in laws dog. I could not stop taking pictures of this dog...


He was just too darn interesting..and silly....and lovable...

And photogenic...seriously..


She also has a horse named Twister. A beautiful horse..Very friendly...







And then....






we have Penelope...
Penelope has been here about a week or so...She was adopted by SIL and was told that Penelope had "issues". Turns out, from what I saw, those issues are none other than self protection..Well...maybe to a drastic measure but I'm sure its a survival tactic. Meaning..don't turn your back on Penelope. Or else you will get butted!!!!!




We were there about 10 minutes when the first incident occurred. My sister in laws dog had its head in a box, and from nowhere here comes Penelope and butts him hard!! Casey, the dog, looks up and the first thing he sees is me! He doesn't know me from Adam, and immediately assumed I did it! It took me about an hour to make up to him after that .. And then once I did, he knew I couldn't have done that to him...


The valley has many deer...This is right outside the house....







My sister in laws daughter has a few Weimaraners of her own... They are show dogs. Very well mannered and trained...Bob is wondering just what this is all about...He never has to mind at his house...Well that's not exactly true but he is not trained like these dogs are...just look.....

All this for a treat? Are you kidding me? I'm Bob...I just look cute...I get treats without the work.
Every single time I come here, I don't want to leave. They make sure I get my yearly dose of
http://www.myoip.com/ subs. Yeah, I know its a chain, but its good...My sister in law and her family also make sure I get every potato chip made in Pennsylvania. They are just terrific... We all gather round the table and talk and eat and just catch up on what everyone is doing. Sadly, its never long enough.
The next morning, we got up before the sun and prepared to head back to Oklahoma.
Sometimes I wonder why we continue to live so far away from the people we love so much..
But our life is in Oklahoma right now. We have our own small family, our business, our place. At least we get to visit yearly...
Love,
Me











2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful visit. I'm so sorry for you that it was over so fast! Your SIL's grandson is SO cute! Of course, with that blonde hair, how could I not be biased? I'm sure the Weimaraners are very well behaved but that breed of dog intimidates the bajeebers out of me. Our Mikey's best friend who lives across the road is a Weimaraner. But you see, when I was in about the 6th grade, my grandmother's Weimaraner about took my left butt cheek off. I'm working on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful view she has!
    And those weimaraners....love them. My son had one and she was the best.
    Love the horse's name...Twister!
    Maybe one day you'll go back there for good. If not, maybe you'll get to go more than once a year.
    I know I miss my home in WV, but SC is my life now. And it's good!

    ReplyDelete