Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The hardest part


The storm raged. Poles snapped. Drifts up to my waist in places.



Lights flickered.

But, the power stayed on at my house. I was so thankful for that.






I went about my day remembering not too long ago we were in Pennsylvania visiting our families. Bob and I were taking long walks among the fall leaves.


And shortly before that, the hummingbirds were still here swarming the feeders..



And I love snow..Don't get me wrong.

But the more it snowed, the realization that these guys wouldn't be coming over, became more evident..


And that was the hardest part of all...
For all of us...
So we waited and hoped the snow would end..And it did..
They came over the next day. Christmas day. They got stuck in a friends driveway for a couple of hours but finally made it over.
It was officially Christmas.
Love,
Me

2 comments:

  1. So happy the grands finally made it to your house. That was some nasty weather for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Being late made the visit even more sweeter. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and your New Year will be peaceful and prosperous!!!

    ReplyDelete