Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mickeys favorite meal at home

Start with potatoes that you peel and quarter. Put them on to boil.




Next.. Some nice pork chops. Not tenderloin chops but these with the marbling in them.

Next, a can of spinach.

Now..

Brown some cut up bacon in a pan..

Maybe 4 or 5 slices cut into small pieces. Then add a couple of tablespoons of flour to the grease when the bacon is just about done. Cook until your flour browns.

Then take that can of spinach and drain the liquid into a measuring cup and put the spinach in with the bacon. However much liquid is in the measuring cup, take half of the amount and add water and the other half of that amount should be vinegar. Mix about 3 or 4 tablespoons of sugar and a couple of tablespoons of flour and mix it all together and stir it ALL up in your pan. Clear as mud? Then add salt and pepper to taste and possibly more sugar if its not quite sweet enough. Add all together in the pan and stir and cook on med low..Stirring frequently.

Next...Dip your chops in egg batter and then flour and fry. I use canola oil in the pan for frying. Plenty of it too.



Keep your eye on your potatoes and when they are cooked, drain the water and put the lid back on the pan and set them aside for a few minutes.

I want to add right now that this meal is off the charts in calories. I'm sure of it....

If your with me and don't really care about that, lets go on now..

After the chops are cooked to perfection, with a crispy coat, put them on a plate..Then take your potatoes and put them right into that pan the chops came out of. Brown them and turn and brown them again.





Keep stirring the spinach as you go along.








Now take a chop and put it on your plate. Then some potatoes..Then take your fork and mash the potatoes up a bit.





Then take butter and put that on the mashed hot potatoes..


Butter is the best...


Now take some sour cream and layer that on top of the buttered potatoes..Trust me on this..Do it...





Then..take your plate to the stove and on top of the sour cream layer, you will put your spinach..








Please pile it on, don't hold back..You wont regret it...








What about me???







Oh yes. My love...My horseradish..How could I forget???





Put some horseradish on the side of your chop for dipping..It adds the final touch to this meal...Omit it if its just not to your liking...If you have not tried horseradish yet, please do.








Your plate will look something like this....











Your belly will be happy.








Ive had this meal my whole life. Ive made my own variation by adding the sour cream.





Try it and let me know how you like it..





Love,


Me

2 comments:

  1. There's no way I will EVER get my guys to eat spinich in any form.
    Picky eaters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure going to make the pork chops and potatoes but we'll have to pass on the spinach. We can do raw spinach in salads but for some reason the cooked stuff doesn't sit well. I may have to post about the first time I gave our son spinach when he was a baby and the resulting tripS to the doctor.

    ReplyDelete