Sunday, January 24, 2010

On the mend

I went home from work Friday and slept. I slept until 10 am Saturday and back to sleep about 2. I didn't get up until my Mom called me that evening. I then decided it was time to come to life and get busy. So we cooked.









I put a couple of eggs on the stove to boil.



Fried up some bacon.



And baked some potatoes...







Seasoned some steaks that had been marinating in lime juice and beer.

Bob was glad I was up and about because he had been sleeping right alongside me the whole time and was ready to be doing something. Which consisted of moving from the couch to the kitchen.





So we made up a mess of crawdads...







Transformed some potatoes from this...





To this.......Yummy!!



Put some salads together..



Used the eggs in the salad...





And Mickey grilled the steaks.....and





they were perfect...





and so delicious and tender and .....well.......


















quite spectacular tasting....The lime juice and beer did the job.



It felt wonderful to be up and living again on Peebly Road. Even if dinner was about midnight.


Got into some goat business Sunday..Will blog about that tomorrow.



What did you do this weekend?


Tell me.


Love,

Me

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better!
    Nothing like a good meal to help that along.
    I had company over all weekend so I didn't get much done around the house.
    Oh, and the schoolwork had to be caught up, too.

    ReplyDelete