Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Walking down a country road

Do you all like James Taylor? I LOVE James Taylor! I thought on my way to work today, that I really like the songs that tell a story.
Are you familiar with Gordon Lightfoot and Cat Stevens? I could listen to their music all day...
Anyway, there is a song on my James Taylor CD called Country Road.
Here are the lyrics.




Take to the highway won't you lend me your name
Your way and my way seem to be one and the same
Mamma don't understand it
She wants to know where the boys been
I'd have to be some kind of natural born fool
To want to pass that way again




But I could feel it

On a country road





Sail on home to Jesus won't you good girls and boys
I'm all in pieces, you can have your own choice
''cause I can see a heavenly band full of angels Coming to set me free
Said I don't know nothing 'bout the why or when But I can tell that it's bound to be
Because I could feel it, now
On a country road


I guess my feet know where they want me to go
Walking on a country road


Walk on down one more time if you will




Take to the highway won't you lend me your name
Your way and my way seem to be one and the same, child
Mamma she don't understand it She wants to know where the boys been
I'd have to be some kind of natural born fool To want to pass that way again But I could feel it, yes sir
Walking on a country road



Walk on down, walk on down, walk on down Walk on down, walk on down a country road
Country road You can feel it, you can feel it, You can feel it too

On a country road.


The last picture is one of my favorites even if it isn't with a good camera. Its my 3 guys. Father, son and grandson in search of the perfect Christmas tree many moons ago.


What is your favorite music?

Tell me.

Love,
Me

4 comments:

  1. James Taylor is one of our favorites. I'd have to say I like most music except for rap and that really loud stuff that's popular with today's teenagers. Country is probably what I listen to the most though.

    It's easy to see why the last photo is one of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love JT. "In my mind I'm gone to Carolina..."

    I'm quite eclectic in my music. Mozart moves my heart, Miley Cyrus moves my feet, The Killers make me feel dangerous, and Death Cab for Cutie takes me deep down inside myself. I love Taylor Swift and Neco Case, The Dixie Chicks and Todd Agnew.

    I like that last picture too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all kinds of music. But my favorite is country with Southern rock coming in a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorden Lightfoot, Jim Croce....WOW....but.....

    Me and you and a dog named Boo travelin' and liv'en off the land!

    ReplyDelete