Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Who am I?

My house was full on New Years Day. Just the way I like it!!









My son and dil and the 3 grand ones were there. Also my dil's sister and her boyfriend came along.





Its a tradition to have a pork roast and sauerkraut in my house on this day. I also make mashed potatoes and since I now live in Oklahoma, I also make black eyed peas. For luck I think?





Anyway the meal was getting under way and Dylan (who has always been a picky eater) asked if I would make him some bacon.

Sure!! So I did.





Then Emma (who is not a picky eater) wanted some vegetables and my seven layer Mexican dip and chips. (Which I had made the night before)





Sure!! So I got that ready..







Then Curt saw the left over fried chicken and asked for that.

Sure!! And I warmed that up.

Then I warmed up some leftover Ziti I had made.

Then Dylan asked for fried potatoes..

Sure!! Then I made them..







We had the best time. We ate and talked and laughed and ate some more.



Then we all went out and had a snowball "fight". It was a lot of fun with everyone laughing like crazy and rolling in the snow...







It felt good to get out into the sun.







Emma decided that making a little snowball wasn't quite getting it, so she decided to shovel snow and then try to dump it on her brothers head. That didn't work either! But I gave her an A for effort.









I think about that day and how I was just simply HAPPY to be cooking and making sure that everyone got just exactly what they wanted. I don't think I even sat down to eat actually, but just having them there and seeing everyone happy and laughing means everything to me.



I thought about all the different things I made for them and how it didn't bother me one bit. How actually, I was more than happy to be doing it. I don't think there is anything in the world a grandparent wont do for their grandchildren if asked. I really don't.




Mickey will load those kids up in the wagon and take them all over the property pretending they are touring a zoo or some magical kingdom. He will make pretend rivers and mud for them to play in. They run a pretend restaurant and make "crabby patty's" like Sponge Bob. After they go home we talk about all the funny things they say and do.


Of all the hats I have had to wear in my life, this is one that has made me happiest of all, just being Grandma.




Love,

Me









3 comments:

  1. Isn't that the truth! The smiles on the kiddos faces say it all.

    All the different foods you made look delicious. Blackeyed peas are for luck but the only way I can manage to eat them is in Texas Caviar.

    Back on your last post - I gave that some more thought and while it's not a terribly hard job I do mow about 3 acres in the summertime. I never thought I'd enjoy mowing but I really do.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post!
    I don't get to see my grand ones nearly enough. But over the holidays my son was here with his three and we had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to start the new year. Sounds like a terrific time with those you love.

    ReplyDelete