Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My beloved Uncle Wiggily

I love this game...I have LOVED this game since I was a child....

Like this child...

Which is quite blurry, but this was me when I was in the 5th grade... And I played Uncle Wiggily, a lot, at my grandmas house.

This was a very important game in our family. Whoever won was really the King or Queen around the house for weeks. I tried my best to win, naturally....but I didn't always...




I now have the modern version of Uncle Wiggily at my house for my own grandchildren to play...Some things have changed...
Im sorry about the blurry picture, but this is what the "new" Uncle Wiggily token now looks like...A cardboard cutout and placed in a plastic holder....really? Are you serious?

These are how the characters looked when I played this same board game.
And these are the same characters that my own grandchildren use to play the new game...I found these at my grandmas house...Not like you may think, but one in a cup in the china cabinet, and one in the driveway buried under rock and one I found as I was mowing her lawn buried in dirt, etc.....These guys have been through the mill, so to speak.....I love them...I rescued them and now they will live with me at my house on Peebly until the grandones get older...Then they can move on...



Until then, they are alive again....these colorful rabbits....


going around a board game....



admired and loved by my own grandchildren......




creating memories once more.....



the beauty of life is right here....everyday.....in all the small things....


I try my best daily to look for them....I hope you do the same...
Tell me some of yours...
Love,
Me..
And Oklahoma Granny...Your feeders for hummingbirds, according to Mickey, go out in April...
;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what wonderful memories you have from your childhood and are now passing on to your grand ones. It's great that you were able to find the original Uncle Wiggleys.

    Thank you for passing on the hummingbird feeder info and please thank Mickey too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do try to slow down and look for the small smiles. It's not always easy, though.
    I've never heard of Uncle Wiggly. It must be an Oklahoma game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I remember playing Uncle Wiggily as a child. (And that was in California, not Oklahoma, although I now live in Oklahoma.) I love the fact that you found all those pieces to the original game.

    ReplyDelete