Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow day from work

I'm a bad blogger...Now that I have that out of the way, let me explain.





I started this blog for my family back home to read about the things going on in my life. The good, the bad and the ugly..All of it...well, most of it..Anyway...then I discover that my Uncle Frank doesn't really read my blog...but my Aunt Gayle reads it and tells him whats going on. But my mother, who has dial up, reads my blog with the hundreds of photos everyday. I love my mom..Matter of fact, when I don't blog, my mother is calling me to see if I am ok...To which, I have to apologize for the fact that I have been unable to blog...Why? My satellite antenna was froze. Literally...I couldn't get service until today...But I'm ok!!! We never went without electric here on Peebly road. That is good. Also what was good. I got a snow day off work...Just look..







I told Bob that he could go out with me while I took some pictures as long as he wore his rain coat. He reluctantly agreed. I think he looks adorable in blue..





My lady of the garden was looking quite chilly....Reminds me of the Titanic for some reason?...



Everywhere you looked there was ice....





But also everywhere I looked there were birds eating..



And birds sitting..waiting to eat..



Cardinals, which are my mothers favorite bird to observe on snowy days, were everywhere..





And then I saw this....This bird....Please tell me what this bird is!!!






This bird stopped me in my tracks...I wanted to catch it and make it a pet. This bird was so beautiful, I almost couldn't take it.





But they are all beautiful ......



Its just so peaceful to watch them....I could do this forever....





And then...I realized it was a day off....So I headed to the couch for a nap....with my crew...

OH CAN WE GO TO THE COUCH FOR A NAP??PLEASE!!!



Some just know how to relax, and we did...It was a good day on Peebly...




Whats your favorite thing to do on a snowy day like that?


Tell me.


Love,


Me.

6 comments:

  1. The birds in the first pic are American Goldfinch. They are bright yellow in summer. The beautiful bird you are wondering about id a Rufous-sided Towhee. I was thrilled to see them also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday 9-12 bluebirds land on our heated birdbath for a drink. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were snowed in for four days and were deliciously lazy. We bathed but stayed in jammies. I made bread and soup and cookies. The dogs tumbled in the snow. Finally one day we all dressed and played in the snow. Why did we have to go back to work and school? My ten year old asks the most sensible questions.

    I love Bob's jacket. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if you were ok too but I totally understand about the problem with the satellite. Your garden lady seems to be giving everyone the cold shoulder (sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.) Blue is definitely Bob's color. The photos of the birds are wonderful. Still haven't had any visit our bird feeders but they do love the deer feeders! By the way - we also bought a couple of hummingbird feeders so we'd be prepared. What month should we put them out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those cardinals!! I grew up in Ne and we had them there but I'm in a place now that they aren't around... in N. Colo.

    We have a bunch of goldfinches and a family of blue jays... juncos, some ring neck doves, downy woodpeckers, house finches and some days a million and one red-winged blackbirds with a few yellow headed ones thrown in the mix..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lay on the floor in front of a roaring fire and take a nap!

    ReplyDelete