Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Do you know what this is?

Can you guess what this plant is?

I have it growing in my house.......
My mom had one of these growing all the time when I was a kid. Maybe your mom did too???
You can start one yourself very easily. You don't even have to have a green thumb..
Did you guess?
Its a sweet potato plant!
Just cut one in half and put it in some water..This one was not eaten soon enough and started to sprout before I put it in the water, so it had a jump start....
I can remember my moms plant having very long pretty vines. I'll show you pictures later when it grows some more..
Have a terrific Wednesday!
Love,
Me

3 comments:

  1. I've seen those grown before, but never grew one myself.
    Maybe it's time I tried.
    We used to grow pineapple tops all the time. My Dad had a huge one. Wish I knew what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I used to grow them all the time for Cheyenne, when she was little. What is with not blogging everyday?? Now you know Frank started reading it all the time and its the high point of my day,,,wahhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before Sesame Street and even before Captain Kangaroo, there was Ding Dong School (much like Romper Room). Miss Frances, who actually had a Phd, wrote children's books and read them on the air. One of my very favorites was about a sweet potato plant. Thanks for bringing back that memory!

    ReplyDelete