Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back by popular demand. Kidding..Just back...

Ok, so we have been MIA for a bit. Lots of things going on...Computer at home broke. Hard drive. Gone. Picking that up today..

Bob got his very short summer hair cut as you can see here..



We are full in the midst of a major renovation at the house. See that cement block structure? That is our well house. It will be gone. History. Tore down. Pump will be rerouted into the house. Also in the picture below, this used to be an enclosed back porch. Gone. Tore down.
We will restore it to an open sitting area. I cant tell you how much this opened up the view from my kitchen sink..

Last night as I was removing shutters I came across this wasp nest. I was up on the ladder and couldn't move fast enough. They swarmed me and as I batted them away, I got stung. This house business is tough!


Next week I am off work to paint the house. We have decided on the top color of tan with the reddish shutters. Do you like it?


Then the trim will be this creamy white. The colors didn't really show up well in these pictures..

I'm thinking the red in the shutters will tie this little shed in.

You may ask just why I am doing all this work in the hottest part of the year? Truth is, I just don't know.

So I have also been gardening...


Sweet potatoes.


Tomatoes.








Some of them I am just letting sprawl where they may...

Garlic.


Mickey installed the perfect watering system. Just turn on the hydrant and the water flows into these brown lines...and...

into these sprinkler heads....

We also planted two dogwood trees on either side of the drive here...



So life is going on Peebly.

Summer is here.

Its all green again.

Bob is happy.

Me too!!!

All of Alices kittens have found homes.

Will try not to stay gone for so long...I will definitely be posting pictures of the newly painted house when that is finished..
What have YOU been up to?
Tell me.
Love,
Me

3 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY to see you! My goodness, you've been and are one busy lady. The tan paint with the reddish shutters is perfect. Your garden looks wonderful. Great sprinkler system too. My husband just this very minute brought in 3 tomatoes. Yum! Bob looks very cool. How are his hips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i do like the colors. it will go great together. your garden looks great. mickey is so smart. really, he can do just anything and comes up with very good idea's. hot here right now. 94 and very muggy. mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't even want to know. But it's mostly homework.
    Love the colors and I can't wait to see it when it's done.
    I need to borrow Mickey's watering idea. Jeez, it's so hot and dry here.

    ReplyDelete