Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Things I learned this week

As I stood on the roof of my house prepping and painting, I had the opportunity to look around and get a different perspective on things..







For example, gosh I have a lot of grass to mow!













Do you see these electric lines going in to the house? Mickey told me, that no matter what, I was not to touch them...I bumped my head on them at least 3 times. Each time, thinking it would be my last second on this earth.

I learned that there are many hidden nooks and cranny's to paint on a house.





I learned that even if you stay on the path through the woods when you take your dog for a walk, you can still get chiggers...YIKES! And if you are lucky enough to not know what chiggers are first hand, you can learn here...
www.buzzle.com/articles/chiggers-what-are-they.html




I also learned that sunflowers that just come up on their own are the most beautiful of all.





I learned that it is really cool to have a handyman/painter that also plays guitar and gives me a lesson during a break.

I learned its important to have something soft to rest your knees on while you are on a shingled roof.

My family learned that its all fun and games until the cops show up..







Yes its true~!!!!!

At my Uncle Franks 3rd annual family reunion the police were called. Why? Because someone took the pavilion that was rented by my family and wouldn't give it back. No, I'm not kidding. I cant make this stuff up.

Someone was already at the pavilion when my mom got there. They refused to leave. Even with Uncle Frank asking them, they wouldn't. My mom tried to tell them they had it rented for a year. Long story short, the police came and with proof of a receipt, my family was able to get on with the reunion and the squatter had to leave. The things I miss!!!

And it all ended well and no one got hurt.



Hope you all had a terrific 4th of July!!!



What did you do?
Tell me.
Love,
Me

2 comments:

  1. Boy, you do have a lot of grass to mow!
    Can't stand chiggers. But a chlorinated pool does wonders to get rid of them.
    Your sunflower volunteers are beautiful. I can't wait for mine to bloom.
    Darn squatters! Glad your Uncle didn't have to hurt anybody!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one brave lady. There is absolutely no way I'd be up on the roof. Number 1, I'm scared to death of heights and #2 I'm pretty much a klutz and my whole family knows it so even if I wanted to no one would let me.

    Chiggers - have I got a story for you but it will have to wait for another time.

    Your sunflower is absolutely perfect! And I love your outdoor fireplace too!

    We had a very quiet holiday. Races were rained out and the kids had other things to do so we just relaxed at home.

    ReplyDelete