Monday, August 9, 2010

House progress

Been very hot here in Oklahoma

Which makes pepper growing easy...

And obviously the tomatoes are going strong too! Here are yours Mom!

There's more on the vine..

Bob helped me yesterday morning in the garden..

For awhile that is...then he hide out in the cool monkey grass....

This is what our front porch is looking like now..
See how silly those steps are? They lead to the shrubs instead of up on the porch. Weird. Mickey has a friend that does concrete. We are going to do the barter system with work and have some concrete done. Properly..
Porch is now all open with big posts...

Almost finished on this side..

Mickey has been working hard. Me too!!

We can see a light at the end of the tunnel.



It wont be long now, folks.



What did you do this weekend?
Tell me..
Love,
Me

4 comments:

  1. You and Mickey have been working hard! And what a payoff. The shutters are perfect and the red door is wonderful.

    I'm going to try and play a trick on my hubby. The picture of Bob in the monkey grass looks so much like Smoke. I saved it (I hope you don't mind) and I'm going to show it to my guy and see if he'll think it's Smoke. I'll let you know how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE been working hard! Everything looks great. I wish we had tomatoes!!

    I love the barter system. I barter for my hair and my dog groomer. For my hair, I let my stylist ride my second horse when she wants. Her little girl takes lessons on her. For my dog groomer, I write brochures and ad copy for them. It lets me have those little extras without spending a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!
    I noticed that big ole fan on the porch.
    A necessity in this heat, right?
    I stayed out of the heat as much as possible. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty, pretty! My peppers are very sad and pathetic. I'm not so good at growing veggies. *sigh* I'm happy to see YOU have a bounty! grin

    ReplyDelete