Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Goodbye Dinky

Having a hobby farm is a lot of fun. There is a lot to do and there's lots of love. But there is also pain and grief that goes along with it. Just like in human life.



We lost Dinky yesterday. He had been sick for a just a short time and he passed away in his sleep.



He was born a very small guy. My friend called and asked if I wanted him because he would have been too small and weak to contend with the others for food. I said yes.



He was my first angora goat. He was so small he fit inside a cardbox box and rode on the front seat of my car....



He had a great life. He was loving to me always. He had a keen affection for my sister in law, Susan. She was his long distance love.
He was a character also. He liked to turn on the water hydrant and pretend he knew nothing about it. He has been known to grab a pony tail or two and yank. Even with his pranks, we adored him.


He was loved..



And he will be missed.







This is the hard part of keeping animals. Letting them go.


Love,

Me

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember other posts where you talked about Dinky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm so sorry!!!
    I can relate to your sadness. I get attached to animals, especially the ones that like to be loved on. And I cry my eyes out over each and every one.
    Yes, I'm a softie. I DO NOT watch animal movies. And everyone knows that if we are watching a movie and they know an animal gets hurt they had better tell me before it happens.
    Would you believe I have never watched Bambi all the way through? I left the room during the bad part and still bawled like a baby.

    ReplyDelete