Thursday, October 7, 2010

Digging the potatoes

This past weekend I thought it was time to get the sweet potatoes out of the raised bed.
I think I may have been right!!!
I ended up with quite a few and some of them really large!
I ended up storing them in the storm shelter. I'm hoping that will work.


"Hey Lady! Did you ever think we might like to eat those sweet potato vines your going to throw away?!!"

"We like a treat every now and then you know!"


Ok then, have at it!



Peppers are still coming on.

Why is it that at the end of the growing season, I am already planning next years crop? I start thinking about what I would like to have on the shelves or in the freezer for next year.
I'm definitely thinking about green beans. Oh and carrots. And pear jelly. And much more!
What are your garden plans next year?
Tell me.
Love,
Me

4 comments:

  1. Your sweet potatoes look wonderful. I like them baked and sweet potato fries are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sweet potatoes do look wonderful! I love the photos of the goats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, I love sweet potatoes!
    My garden? I haven't gotten it all planned out yet. But I plan to have several small gardens. Away from where I have planted for the last two years. Too many bugs over there.
    And I am planning a small herb garden too.
    C'mon spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love me 'dem sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete