Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 New Year Resolutions

 I will visit home.....I will go to this house and breathe in my childhood once again...


I will see these people...

I will savor every breath I share with the grand ones before they get too "busy " for me..
I will take more walks!

I promise to not be so serious and to lighten up a bit.  I am going to try that..Also, I cant say yes to all things asked of me.  I have struggled with this for as long as I can remember.  I have to know that I really do have limitations on what I can truly handle..I think it will work for the best all the way around if I am just truthful about this one point.
I
Im going to go camping....Im going to pack up and go and stay and not worry about all the things I SHOULD be doing.  I LOVE camping and Im going to do more!




Remember the line in "Its a Wonderful Life" when Clarence said to George, "You really did have a wonderful life"? 

I want to remember  .....through all the trials and hardships and all the emotions we humans go through,  our life is what we make it..We can choose sorrow and frowns or we can learn to accept what we cant change and smile as much as possible and enjoy our lives...I'm going to stop taking each day for granted. 


And most of all...I want my family to always be *sure* of me...I may not do everything they want...I may not do everything right...But I will be here...day in and day out..And I care...and I will listen if nothing else.. I want them to know that really all I want for them is to be happy and enjoy life and be productive and healthy...   I want them to strive and thrive.
I want them to know just how much I LOVE them...


I want to see more sunrises and sunsets and go fishing...

I want to go to the movies and hold hands with Mickey.

I basically want to BE.

So if you would like, tell me what your plans are for 2011. 

Love,
Me

3 comments:

  1. Your resolutions are just perfect. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog Mel. You sure have a way with words, and your love for your family come through loud and clear. Me I stumble with putting my words on paper!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post!!
    I think you just wrote what I cannot speak. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete