Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Twas the week before Christmas...





Twas the week before Christmas and all through Grandmas house

Not a creature was stirring



SO, we decided to get things going!!!!

I hadn't put a tree up yet because I had a plan.  When the girls came over I took them out and we went in search of a tree on our property.  I wanted to create a special memory for the Grand ones.     
Emma had been sick with croup.  I made sure we limited her activity and kept her dressed warmly.  The weather could not have been better.  She stopped at the very first tree we happened upon, but it was too big.. 

Then we got Papa involved and the girls rode on the 4 wheeler with him and we went into the woods..

We cut down a rather large tree and then cut the top off for our special Christmas tree.


We set it up .....
And the girls decorated the tree how they wanted.  It was fun!

Emma received a call from her Great Great Grandmother.  They talked about Emma being sick and Nanny wished her well...

They did a terrific job with the tree and were happy to do it.   

Now all is well at Grandmas house...

How are things going for you?

Tell me..

Love,
Me






3 comments:

  1. The girls did a marvelous job on the tree! I'll bet your house smells wonderful.

    I'm busy today making gingerbread cookies and candy cane hearts. My husband just came in and wants to go to town so it's turning into a very busy day.

    If I don't talk to you before then, have a spectacular Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty tree! I agree - they did a fabulous job! Did Bob help?

    ReplyDelete