Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A walk in the park


My kitchen looked like this after our Thanksgiving get together. I haven't fully recovered.   

The day after, instead of being out shopping, I gathered up Bob and Marley and we headed out of the house!!!We drove over to a little place called Ten Acre Lake.  Just a little small place.  There was no one there but us.  
And a few geese.....



The dogs explored and sniffed and ran and just had a blast....It was a bit cold so we didn't stay all that long.  You can see in this picture that Marley is running over to see what Bob is doing.  Soon as she does this he is gone.  Off to another location. He tolerates her but in no way would you say that Bob loves Marley.  This is really sad because she adores him but he just doesn't want to be bothered.  Ironically when I went to the rescue and came back with Marley, it was for Bob.  I thought he wanted someone to keep him company while I was at work and because they were both yorkies it would just work..He just looked at me as if to say, "Ah, what in the world were you thinking"? 

 Marley liked being somewhere different I think....



But as soon as we went back home, Bob had to check everything out to be sure nothing had been there in our absence...  


I know a walk in the park was just what I needed after all this!

Christmas is a bit different...We have "snacks" on Christmas eve when everyone comes over to open gifts.  This is just several different things like veggies and dips and chips.  Shrimp and petite quiches and things like that.  All simple and a pretty easy clean up.  Then on Christmas day it is just Mickey and I.  We make a dinner and pretty much relax for the day.  I can remember when I was a kid, we would get up in the morning and have our presents then we would always load up and go over to my grandmas and we would have gifts there and dinner.  My son and his family have opted for just being home with the kids and having their own family time and that's ok.  Sometimes traditions change..

What are some of your holiday traditions?

Tell me.

Love, 
Me 

Me on the right with my two sisters at my Grandmas on Christmas...Maybe 1970?  Mom?

3 comments:

  1. We have a very fun and informal Christmas Eve night with our favorite neighbors... board games that just get stupid kind of silly, wine, pizza and some sort of holiday movie.

    Christmas we usually head to Mom's house in Denver for dinner...this year tho' the neice has to go to her Papa at 11am so we'll have and EARLY Christmas morning and then home for quiet day to ourselves... we're looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd so love to have an island in my kitchen but it's just too narrow.

    We always have Christmas breakfast before going to my MIL's house for Christmas dinner. In all the years we've been together, last year was only the 2nd time that we didn't go to her house. There was just too much snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid it was get up early and open presents then off to visit with both sets of Grandparents awhile.

    ReplyDelete