Friday, April 22, 2011

Emma the Clown Fish


Emmas school conducted a fantastic play last evening.

GO FISH!


The kids did a great job and just look at the elaborate make up and costumes!



I was very proud of her...Afterwards when we all gathered back at their house, Emma asked me not to put her picture on the internet.  I said, "Why baby?" 

Because...

Ok...If you really dont want me to, then of course I wont. 

Ok Grandma, you can, but only on your blog.

My daughter in law told me that Emma has been bullied at school because of her weight.  This makes me so sad for her and just mad too. I cant believe this is happening in first grade.  It seems that bullying is on the news a lot lately.  

I assure her that she is beautiful and that she is wonderful inside. 


I have to figure out a way to handle this without making anything worse or to make her dislike anyone.  I want her to feel safe and secure and understanding.

My daughter in law is going to speak with the principle and the teacher.

What can I do?


Any suggestions?

Has this ever happened to you or to your family?

Tell me.

Please.

Love,
Me

3 comments:

  1. I am so sad to hear that is happening to sweet Emma. She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uck - what a pickle. Sorry to hear it and I know you will show her love and support to get her through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I hate to hear this. And so young. She'll never forget it. I have no advice other than to give her as much encouragement as you can.

    ReplyDelete