Friday, August 12, 2011

Having dinner with friends


What are you weekend plans?

We are having dinner tonight with our friends who are also our neighbors...

They have two of the cutest little boys you ever saw.  

I will be taking my *secret salad*..I will blog about that next week.

 


Do you have a friend that you haven't visited in some time?   

Go see them!!

This from my friend Tracey today...








  
 
 
  Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

 When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

 Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

 Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.

 Take naps.

 Stretch before rising.

 Run, romp, and play daily.

 Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

 Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

 On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

 On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

 When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

 Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

 Be loyal.

 Never pretend to be something you're not.

 If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

 When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
 
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!  
  



Amen.


6 comments:

  1. Yes, Amen!

    We hope to visit the zoo this weekend since it looks like it will not be 100 billion degrees. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I would love to come to your house, it looks like so much fun. I'm definitely going to sew and maybe do some cemetery hunts. I'm such a nerd. I have the same dog quote on a pillow, love it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice tips you have. It's true, people can learn a lot from dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to a scrapbook even on Friday and all day today. As soon as I got home we went to get a bite to eat before heading to the last night of the Coffeyville Fair and Rodeo. Tomorrow is church and I had my heart set on going to see "The Help" but it's not at our local movie theater. Arrggghhhhh! Hopefully it will be here next week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. It's certainly cooler than it has been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful dinner!
    I absolutely love this!! I think I'm gonna copy it and put it up on my fridge! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this blog is the bees knees... grrreat idea! I'm so glad you looked in .

    ReplyDelete