Monday, September 12, 2011

Where the wild things grow

As I mentioned the other day, I am home getting better in body and spirit and soul as much as possible after my grandmothers death and my surgery...
Today I decided to get out of the house with the camera and see what was going on..
The sky is definitely blue.  Just a couple more days of summer heat then a cold front comes in along with some drought relief.  Which we need ...
*see brown grass below*


Before I go any further, can I just say that cats are weird? 



Anyway..My mission today was to look for things that were growing wild.  This is actually a weed of some sort and I'm glad I didn't cut it down because I kinda like it...whatever it is...


This is the common morning glory that I did not plant this year...maybe not even last year but I did one time and now every year we are *blessed* with their appearance...like it or not.  This things are vigilant!  

This is a weed.  One that produces grape colored clusters.  If you get this on your clothes or hands it will stain.  I let it grow because..I sort of like it...Its kinda cool... 
This I found coming up in a place that the weed eater didn't get to..  And lucky for us it didn't because just look at this little wild flower!  Pretty!!

I guess I didn't tell you what kind of surgery I had..Maybe you didn't want to know, but here on Peebly we just tell it like it is.  I  had a TAH.  Which is a total abdominal hysterectomy.  Back when the doctor thought I had kidney stones, well..I didn't..but I did have fibroid tumors (no biggie, usually always benign)  that needed to come out.  So they did along with all the other parts that go along with it.  Anyway, maybe TMI..but there it is...I can tell you that it is a long...healing process.  I had  no idea.  But healing I am...

Anyway...Now you know everything!!!  

Whats new with you?

What kind of things would you be doing if you were off work but physically unable to do too much?


Tell me.

Love, 
Me  

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting some relief from the heat and the drought. I read the other day that we have entered stage 1 drought conditions. Hmph...I coulda told them that. I'll bet my farm is stage 2.
    That berry plant you have growing looks like poke. When the plant is young people cook the leaves like spinach and eat them. Not me. Yuck! Burt when the plant is larger it is poisonous, especially the roots. Be sure to keep the goats away from it.
    What to do? Hmmm...read, nap, eat, nap, watch a movie, nap....napping is good for you. It's when your body heals. I'm wishing for a speedy recovery for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are healing! We feel never be afraid to tell the truth...we did on our blog and it made us feel better. We agree cats are just weird!!! BOL Keep healing and we will keep our paws crossed you feel better soon!

    -Mollie Jo and Bobo

    pee ess: We had a pawsome pawm night thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling a little bit more healed... and yeowch for your TAH - those do take an awful long time to recover from... be careful and take care!

    Reading, reading and more reading.... I love reading....oh, and I need to finish a quilt top I'm making with my mom-in-law... which I fear will never get done....

    cheers to you and yours....

    ReplyDelete
  4. One woman's weed is another woman's flower. I like all the photos you shared. Your TAH wasn't TMI for me. In the long run you'll be glad it was the total deal. My sister had a partial and some years later had to go in for the rest of the stuff. Better 1 surgery to recover from than 2. If I was supposed to be just sitting around I'd be reading lots - books and blogs - and scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete