Sunday, November 6, 2011

Whole lotta shakin goin on


Mickey and I took the grands to the National Cowboy Museum today.  Ive been a couple of times before but this was their first visit..


They really enjoyed it!
The best part for the kids I think was the area that was made up like a little town in the old west.  This little town had a doctors office, saloon, school, livery stable and a train station.. You were able to touch some things in this area and get a real feel for what it may have been like to live in the day. 





The tour took us a couple of hours and I know we didnt see it all. 

If your ever in the OKC area, be sure to add this to  your to do  list. 



Even as a silhouette, you know this is John Wayne.

So now on to the latest news..

Yes folks,  we have it all here in Oklahoma.  Anything from tornados,  ice storms, tremendous heat and if thats not enough, how about earthquakes.  Not just any little ol earthquakes either, but a 5.6.  I can honestly say that this one did indeed shake me up.  Mickey and I were sitting at the kitchen table.  I heard a sound sort of like a plane flying too low.  Then the shaking began and didnt let up for maybe 30 seconds..!  And in earthquake time, that is a LONG time!  I mean it shook the house!  Really strange feeling..

I would like to blog about some bird houses this week and also some winter prep going on here on Peebly.  I also want to tell you a little story about a goose that lived with us for some time.  I just gotta find the time to do it!!

So whats on your to do this week?

Tell me.

Love,
Me

3 comments:

  1. Our oldest grandson called about 2am Saturday morning to see if we'd felt the first earthquake. I didn't even hear the phone ring. We're pretty sound sleepers and the dogs didn't even notice. But then last night when the second one hit, we'd just gotten into bed. I thought there was a really loud train going by. (We live about a mile or so from the train tracks.) Nope! The dogs went nuts and my husband said we'd just had another earthquake. He'd experienced them when he was a kid and his family lived in Japan. I've talked to a couple of my friends and they both commented that they felt dizzy just before it hit. Strange, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to visit there! And my Captain would think he'd died and gone to Heaven. Well except for that earthquake stuff going on. He'd be ready to head back to SC. LOL I hope you have felt the last of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely to catch up with u and yours x

    ReplyDelete