Monday, December 19, 2011

Jezebels arrival


Ok I'm back...been awhile huh?

I wish I knew how to link back to previous blog posts, but alas, I do not.  I'm sure its a quite simple procedure so if anyone wants to shout out to me how to do this, feel free.

Anyway back in 2009 I told you a story about a Christmas present that caused me nightmares.  It was a doll that I eventually  named Jezebel.  Here's a little how the story went.

Do you remember your best Christmas present ever?  Do you remember your worst?  Do you remember the present that gave you nightmares?  Well I do..Meet Jezebel!  


She lives at my Grandmas house...Not with me..Because I have been scared to death of this doll since 1964...That is how old she is!   This was when she came into my life one hopeful Christmas morning.....The year I was 5..I came down the stairs to this!!!!.





The eyes!! She was just the same size I think as I was at that time..I cried...I really did...She was scary....I disliked this doll so much I named her Jezebel..The bad woman in the bible..I knew that name was perfect for this ..this...monster doll!





At night, when I tried to sleep, there she sat..watching..waiting...Patiently and silently she sat until I went to sleep, and then she could terrorize me in my dreams...or nightmares..She was always coming for me. So many times I would hide under the blanket and peer out and see those eyes as she sat there in my bedroom..Sometimes I would cover her with a sheet. Finally...I just hid her in the attic space. I think my grandmother got her out and some kids that visited played with her as the years passed on ...Then she went into the attic space..

At some point through time, my grandmother got her out and sat her back in the upstairs bedroom..She has endured the passage of many years, but her hair was falling out and whatever dress she arrived in was then gone..


A couple of years ago when I went back for a visit, my Dil and I decided to give Jezebel a makeover..We bought her a dress, sandals, socks and a hat....My fears have subsided through the years..My grandmother and I even talk about Jezebel like she is a member of the family..My grandmother thinks I should rename her. But I never have..




So I propped her up at the dining room table before I left my grandmas this trip...She will sit there for awhile then I'm sure she will go back upstairs and sit on the chair until I return later..
One day I look for Jezebel to come live at my house on Peebly Road...And I suppose I will welcome her in. Just like family..
Even tho she is going upstairs first thing...
Love,
Me


Well since my Grandmother passed away in August, Jezebel sat all alone at my Grandmas house.  Then my Aunt Sandy gathered her up and put her in the back seat of her car and put on the seat belt and Jezebel rode around with her for a month or so.  Isn't that a riot???  


Then the other day I got notice that I had something waiting for me at the post office.
I brought the large box home.

Inside was a carefully wrapped....Jezebel
Seems this doll had traveled by car and plane and truck and rail.  But she found her way to Peebly Road...
It was her destiny to get back to me where she could live on.  She even visited with the State Farm bear.  They hit it off right away.  

She wanted to see what it was like to sit in my office...



  So now she is living on Peebly Road and helping out with little things like baking.  I'm no longer afraid of her nor does she give me the creeps like she used to.  Matter of fact,  I'm kind of enjoying having her around...

The Grands haven't been over since Jezebel arrived so I'm anxious to see how they will respond.  I think it will go just fine.. 



I cant help but think that my Grandmother is getting a kick out of all this . 

What do you think?

Tell me.

Love,
Me

5 comments:

  1. I'm SURE she's getting a kick out of it and appreciating your fun sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know your Grandmother is loving that Jezabel is now home and happy.
    I'm glad you're back! I've missed you!!!
    To link back to a previous post, go to that post and grab it's address...lifeonpeebly.blogspot.com/nameofpost/
    Then highlight the words you want to link with in the new post and click add a link. Not sure how it looks in blogger though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear from you. I've missed you and thought of you many times over the last weeks.

    Just like Shanster and Twisted, I'm sure you Grandmother is happy to have you and Jez reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting a kick out of this is an understatement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Peebly neighborsJanuary 6, 2012 at 6:47 PM

    I love this....as I am sure your Grandma does. I look forward to meeting Jezebel.

    ReplyDelete