Friday, March 30, 2012

Lilac from Nannys house

A long long time ago my Grandmother mailed me a start from one of her lilac bushes in Pennsylvania.

I planted it and it began to grow.  Then we moved to the house on Peebly.  I dug it up and replanted it there.  Planting that was the FIRST thing I did even before we actually had any furniture at all in the house.  This bush surviving and thriving at our new (to us) place was very important to me...and guess what?  It sure did!  We have lived here now for 13 years and this year our lilac is about 6 feet tall and full of blooms.   
My "hope" this plant would live came true...And I am thankful for that .....


Today I want to feel hopeful..  For many things..Where would be without hope?  

   

Hope is the Thing with Feathers

By: Emily Dickinson

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest sea,
Yet never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.


What are you doing this weekend?

Tell me.

Im finishing taxes..

Oh joy!


Love,
Me 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete