Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Coincidence or more?


Are you familiar with Uncle Wiggly?

Uncle Wiggly has been a familiar character in my life since childhood.  We played this game at my Grandmothers house all the time.  It is a vivid memory of spending time at her house.  I have an Uncle Wiggly game at my house on Peebly that we enjoy every chance we get with the Grand ones.  They Love Uncle Wiggly!




Over the years, as I went back home to my Grandmothers house, I found little playing pieces from the old board game here and there.  One year I found one half buried in dirt in the yard as I was mowing.  Another year I would find one, quite by chance,  hidden in gravel rock on the driveway.  Yet another in a cup in a forgotten corner of the china hutch.  All in all, I have gathered 4 original bunnies from the game of my youth.


As you are aware, if you have been reading for any length of time, I was particularly close to my Grandmother.  Her death last year was and is devastating to me and I have had a terrible time dealing with her being gone.  I miss her so much....



Several weeks ago our hot water tank began acting up.  The water would become extremely hot then be cold.  The tank was there when we moved in about 13 years ago.  It was time to replace it.  

The tank is located in a closet of our house.  Inside this closet were several boxes of *stuff* that I had put in there when we moved in, always with the intention of going thru it when I had extra time.  Which never has happened because I don't have any extra time!  Anyway.

When Mickey removed the old tank to put in a new one he transferred the boxes to the office.  It was now time for me to go thru the boxes and get rid of unwanted things and keep what was good.  In doing so, I discovered an old tin Band aid box.  When I opened it up this is what I found......
   

A box full of the old Uncle Wiggly cards that my Grandmother had evidently given to me at some point and I had totally forgotten all about them!!!!  I was surprised, happy and then immediately sad because I missed her.  I was overcome with grief, yet again, like someone had just called to tell me she passed.   I cried.  For a long time.  It hurt.  Physically.  This episode lasted for about 30 mintues. I finally had to pull myself together and continue with my *job* and talk myself out of  being so sad..


Two days later I received a text message from my cousin Sheila.  She text about how she was up at my grandmothers house that day and run across her old coffee table up in the attic space.  This table had a glass top and Nane would put pictures under the glass and change them out periodically.     

"Hey I found a picture of Nane I will send to you" 

I thanked her and went about my day.  Monday,while I was at work, my phone went off alerting me to a message..It was from my cousin.  I opened the picture.  

I couldn't believe my eyes!! 

UNCLE WIGGLY!!!

Right there with my Nane!!!

 I text my cousin back with the whole story of finding the cards and she looked again at the photo and for the first time saw the game... she said there were MANY pictures there, I just took this one! 

I'm convinced my grandmother was saying
"LOOK I AM HAPPY AND I LOVE YOU"

Keep hopping!!!

Its ok!



You would think it might end there..but no!!

My Uncle Dave, who is Nanes son, moved into her house this month after weeks and weeks of renovation.  Behind the refrigerator, that he moved MONTHS ago, he found these cards.  Instead of tossing them out for some reason he kept them.  And for some other reason he recently decided to show them to my cousin. 


She took this photo for me...

Do you believe this is all a coincidence? 

Tell me.

Love,
Me

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete