Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It started innocently enough.....

 Remember when we did a redo of the outside of the house last year?  It needed painted and then one thing led to another and we ended up doing quite a bit more than just painting.  It turned out beautiful after all was said and done..

Well, my brother is coming to visit this Christmas.  I am beyond excited to have him here with me.  And naturally I want things to be just perfect for his time here with us.  

Last Saturday  I cleaned house most of the day.  I put lights on the tree outside and things were looking pretty festive.  That evening I looked up in the kitchen and decided that the old border had to come down.  You can see it here in this older picture.  You can also see in this picture a ceiling fan that is no longer there and we also have new windows since this was taken.   
     
I pulled down the border and lo and behold most of it came off but some of it wouldn't!  I grabbed a pail of warm water and tried my best to get the glue etc off but not all of it would.  Then I realized that I was left with a wall that had turned color and a huge white strip around the top!  Well,  what can you do then but take everything off the walls?  After I did that,  I realized the flooring looked just awful...What to do next, but rip out the carpet!!!   Mickey looked things over and said, "These walls will have to be textured".  What?!!!  
So that led to Mickey having his friend come over to the house a couple of days later and they spent the day texturing the walls, which led to this past weekend of painting walls and of course while your at it, the ceiling too!    

Picture of flooring before..


 
Picture after tearing out the carpet...
Why these things happen to me I will never know.  I don't even have my tree up yet!  Will that happen?  


I have a mess.  All I can say.  I plan on redoing all our floors in February but not now.  I will have to come up with something creative to get us by till then.   Do you think we will get it livable by Christmas?

Tell me.

Love,
Me



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful room! And this post made me chuckle since the same thing happened to me about four weeks before Christmas last year. Here's the link to that adventure: http://www.lifewithgq.com/2011/12/kitchen-remodel-part-1/. If you find yourself over there, it's a long boring post so I suggest just sifting through to see the photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete